Multimorbidity, usually defined as the co-occurrence of two or more chronic conditions in one person, is a growing concern in our society and a challenge facing patients, health professionals and health systems' sustainability.
Using interactive formats, this conference will provide a unique opportunity for healthcare professionals, researchers, policy-makers, professionals from the pharmaceutical and ICT industry, insurers and patient representatives to share experiences and existing knowledge on multimorbidity from regional models of care to research and decision-making tools. Building upon success stories and innovative practices, participants will learn about the evidence base to support a change of mind-set from disease-oriented management to patient-oriented care. Participants will also be invited to reflect on how to overcome the barriers to achieve a common framework to work on multimorbidity.
This DG SANTE conference is an invitation to everyone interested in management of patients with multiple illnesses to come together to:
- raise awareness on the relevance and urgency to deal with multimorbidity.
- share experiences and practices in the management of multimorbidity.
- learn from innovative healthcare approaches.
- explore together how to address the barriers to address a common framework on multimorbidity.
- create a common engagement across stakeholders to start addressing the issue at European level.