Today was the launch of the second phase of Watify, the European Commission campaign to promote the technological transformation and modernisation of industry that will run until the end of 2018.
Watify will provide European businesses with a gateway to technological transformation, inspiring them to take advantage of innovative business models and advanced technologies, namely digital and key enabling technologies (KETs), from the Internet of Things, mobile solutions, Deep Learning and big data analytics, to advanced materials and nanotechnologies, industrial biotechnology, 3D printing and robotics.
The campaign mainly targets small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) and regions. Its primary objectives are to encourage SMEs to transform their businesses by adopting advanced technologies, and to connect them with the stakeholders that can help. More than 150 stakeholders from industry and regions gathered at the event to launch the new phase of the Watify campaign,
The launch conference was opened by the Director-General for Internal Market, Industry, Entrepreneurship and SMEs, Lowri Evans, MEP Eva Kaili, and founder of Dear Media, Jo Caudron.
The conference allowed participants to:
- hear from a panel of policy makers about the national and regional strategies in Europe to support the technological transformation of industry.
- learn about the opportunities/benefits and business applications of digital and key enabling technologies from executives at leading B2B providers of technology solutions.
- test and understand some disruptive technologies in the fields of virtual reality, augmented reality, 3D printing, drones and robotics in an immersive and interactive demonstration.
- listen to first-hand accounts from SMEs of their successes in transforming their business by using or applying advanced technologies, the transformation process and the lessons learned.
- network with regional and national, company and industry representatives.
The Watify campaign will include:
- 240 awareness-raising events all around Europe.
- 40 matchmaking events to encourage cross-regional projects with SMEs, relevant technology/competence centres, regions and cities.
- 100 success stories of SMEs that have successfully transformed their business through advanced technologies (digital and KETs) and regions that have successfully implemented policies and programmes for technological transformation.
Conference agenda (PDF, 117kB)
Please visit: www.watify.eu
And follow us on: