This call for proposals aims at co-funding projects developing and promoting transnational tourism products related specifically to the Cultural and Creative Industries (CCI) subsector 'cultural heritage'. A UNESCO cultural site/s must be the focal point around which the transnational product is built. A particular focus is also being placed on using CCIs-related technologies in promoting these tourism products and enhancing visitor's experience.
General objectives of this call for proposals are to:
- Support growth and job creation in tourism and CCIs;.
- Stimulate competitiveness of the tourism industry, innovation, diversification and valorisation of European tourism offer;.
- Develop and enhance synergies between tourism and CCIs;.
- Create a favourable framework to SME’s cooperation;.
- Foster transnational cooperation of all actors along the tourism value chain;.
- Facilitate long-term European public-private partnerships.
The specific objectives of this call for proposals are to:
- Strengthen transnational cooperation with regard to European cultural heritage and tourism;.
- Raise awareness of European cultural heritage and increase its value, attractiveness and its potential for the development of the tourism sector;.
- Encourage the development and diversification of the supply of tourism products and services by enhanced promotion of transnational thematic tourism products related to cultural heritage;.
- Strengthen cross-border cooperation and the management skills of public or private bodies in charge of developing and promoting transnational thematic tourism products related to cultural heritage;.
- Better market uptake and visibility of attractive European transnational tourism products focused on European cultural heritage;.
- Enhance the competitiveness of the European tourism product through the use of CCI-related technologies;.
- Create solid public-private partnerships and ensure cross-fertilisation of knowledge and experience between the participating destinations/organisations.